Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have done something with my Word document so that it shows

I have done something with my Word document so that it shows up in red all the items I have deleted and displays the formatted details by the side of the page. How can I get rid of this please.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your MS Word issues. Can you please tell me which version of MS Word are you using? Is it Word 2007, 2010 or 2013?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Word 2007

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
Thank you for writing back. I am using Word 2010 here but I believe the commands are the same but the location can be a little different. But I will do my best to describe the procedures correctly.
Please do the following:
1. Open the Word document with the problem layout/formats
2. Click on the Review tab or menu (near Mailings and View)
3. In the Tracking group, Please check if "Track Changes" is turned ON or highlighted. If it is, then click on it to turn it OFF or to remove the highlight. It is a toggle, so clicking on it turns it ON, and clicking it again turns it OFF, and vice versa
4. After making sure that it is OFF, in the combobox or selection box that says "Final: Show Markup", please click on it then select "Final" only.
That should remove all markings of the changes you made to the document.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess