Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I try to print from Word or Adobe in Windows 8, and only part

I try to print from Word or Adobe in Windows 8, and only part of the page prints. When I change the printer, the same thing happens. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Paul Gretton-Watson Tel: 07974 647757 (mobile) email address: *****@******.***
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please when this problem first started?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Several months ago
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can other programs print ok to the printer?
Or this is the problem with all programs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also happens when printing from a web page.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you press the windows key so you are at the widows start screen
Type in device and click on device and printers
Right click on your printer and select Remove
Then restart the computer
Once restarted, run the installation again to install your printer like you initially did and tell me if it now prints correctly
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The print problem is still persisting. The message "printer is in an error state " appears, and there is no print.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Paul, it confirms the problem
It is the internal memory in the printer that has faulted.
A corrupted driver can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks. It confirms my suspicion.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome, we ruled out all other causes, so we now know for sure.
If you need anything else Paul, please let me know
And please remember the service rating.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues