Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Re Micrsoft Auto Reply: As at March 2014; If more than one

Re Micrsoft Auto Reply:
As at March 2014; If more than one E Mail is recieved from the same address, are the subsequent e mails not acknowledged or replyed to?
Do they have the ability to reject or except any of e mails recieved on this system?.
***** *****
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question George, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes this is the case. So once an email from one address is received it will stop replying to further emails.
The reason is to avoid an infinite loop. If the other side is also auto replying then they will never stop replying to each other, hence this method of working.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dose this apply if the the subsequent e mails are several days apart?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, until the initial email is handled and the case closed where they would reset the reply.
The amount of time for this differs per case.