Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My computer suddenly crashed after updates . Will not reboot,

My computer suddenly crashed after updates . Will not reboot, or restore to ealier time or completely erase hdd.
When I go to prompt screen its in
Administrator:X\windows\system32\cmd.exe-cmd.exe
I am using windows 8 and a toshiba labtop.
Can you help their is no disk or usb back up
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens now when you start the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes to a blue screen for 2-3 seconds That says your pc ran into a problem and needs to restert we are collecting info and then a % 0-100 it just keeps on looping
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jules
Can you power off the Laptop
Hold the 0 key and with it held down, power on the laptop and tell me what exactly then happens please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have been around the block, when I do that it says in blue hdd recovery has been selected , I press y please wait comes on screen
A momentary flash of a command propt box
Then language choices
Then choose an option
I have no device
Continue goes back to loop
Troubleshoot goes to
Refresh your pc - goes back to loop
Reset goes tosreen hit y and then
Unable to reset your pc. A required drive partition is missing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jules, it confirms the issue for me.
The hard drive is failing. Its not able to read any of the partitions, both the primary or the recovery partition, and this is why it wont start or wont restore. No matter the software issue, it would always be able to restore.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Laptop to have the hard drive replaced. And your data will be lost sorry. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if I replace the HDD how do I get a fresh copy of windows do download

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When they replace it (Toshiba) it also has the recovery partition on it with windows installed already. It is just like a new computer, so when you start it up windows goes through the initial setup.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues