Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My barely 12 months old laptop had to go problems.

My barely 12 months old laptop had to go for in for some problems. When it was returned to me the hard drive had been completely wiped including Microsoft Office. As you can imagine I was furious as I had purchased the laptop which had Microsoft installed including Excel and Power point. Luckly had I saved all my documents and photos on a separate desk top hard drive.
I have finally been given the money to purchase Microsoft office Home and Student 2013 but I am having difficulty getting it activated. Can someone help me please as I am becoming very stressed. Thank you
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, tell me please where you got the 25 character code from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

From the card that was in the pack that I purchased.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me please exactly what is written on the card Maggie?
Not the code, but everything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

XXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Maggie, I dont want the code, I want everything else written on the card please.
I can also do these steps for you directly on the computer, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Office Home and Student 2013 on the front On the side with the product code there are a lot of numbers. Is this what you are asking for?

XXXXXXXXXXXX this is the bar code

Not labelled for individual resale. X18-15391-01

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Maggie
You will then need to click on my link below and download it from here
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=401325
You need to have a microsoft account. If you do not, you can make one for free here
https://signup.live.com/
Once download it, then install it using the product key you have.
Let me know the results please