Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Have received an email from Outlook saying they are unable

Have received an email from Outlook saying they are unable to verify my account and asking me to VERIFY (that word is highlighted in yellow) my account details today otherwise my service could be interrupted. I had a similar email a couple over a week ago and wasn't sure about it so deleted it but changed my password ***** was given a code my microsoft to do this. Have copied it below - can you tell me if this is genuine please. Have not been able to find contact details for microsoft. Thank you - Marion Clark
From: *****@******.***
To: *****@******.***
Subject: Microsoft account security alert‏‏‏‏
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:43:11 +0000
Dear User,
This e-mail has been sent to you by Outlook inform you that we were unable to verify your account. This might be due to either of the following reasons:
1. A recent change in your personal information. (eg: address, phone)
2. illegal use of your account from a different location.
Due to this, to ensure that your email service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your information today by following the link below
VERIFY
Outlook ! Mail Product Management.
Copyright © 2015 Mail! Inc. (Co. Reg. No.(###) ###-####) All Rights Reserved. Intellectual Property Rights Policy
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No, this is not genuine, it is a scam, and they send this to try to get your details. Do not respond to it please, this is very important.
Just delete the email and ignore it.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much. As a 76 yr old I am not as confident as younger users. This is the 2nd time in 2 wks I have received a suspect email supposed to be from Outlook and the reason I deleted the first one then changed my password. I thought this would resolve the problem until I received this scam email today! Must I change my password *****?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, no need to change your password. Its just like Spam emails, just delete and ignore them Marion, I even get these from time to time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Richard. I hate these sick people who do this sort of thing. Would love to be alone in a room with the sicko who's sending me these emails. He'd see how frightening an angry granny could be!

Thank you again xx

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Marion and I totally understand
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please remember the service rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Worth the money for peace of mind. Have rated you 5 stars. Thanks again (have deleted email but just had a thought - would it have been better to send it to my junk?)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, just delete it, don't even open it.
I never received a rating though Marion, can you try again please as you need to also click the Submit button.
Thanks!
Richard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again. Where is the Submit button - clicked on the fifth star but didn't see it. if I do manage after sending this I won't need to come back to you so fingers crossed and thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, when you click the 5th star you see to the right of it submit.
That is what you need to click on please after clicking the star.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues