The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

, I have a spreadsheet- I wish to create a spreadsheet with

Customer Question

Hi, I have a spreadsheet- I wish to create a spreadsheet with a control panel(i.e shapes with a couple of macros in that area.
1. Marco 1- (Button label refresh)- to create a macro which looks into four separate folders and copies the worksheets into tab 1,2 ,3 ,4 of the destination workbook.
for example : these workbooks will contain data in sheet 1 and the data transfer into the destination workbook - always in tab 1 and the other 3 folders, tab 2, tab3 , tab4- If you create the code I can always play around with the code and the folder links are unable to test as there internal folders. If you just create the code "enter link here"
After the data transferred. I'll need the macro to delete the workbooks in the folder but retain the information in destination worksheet.
2.Marco 2- I need to have a search input box that searches SKU numbers in (column A) and when it finds the number I need to be able to enter any data in the next text box and this data needs to be inputted into column 24.
I'll send you the spreadsheet if you take on this job. thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
My Name is***** will be helping you today. If I provide good service, you may ask forCustomerin your question title for your future needs.

please send examples I will certainly take a look
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please could you send me a data transfer link as I can't download excel spreadsheet from here.

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
use a site like

ge.tt

just paste the link they give you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://ge.tt/2v6w1WE2/v/0

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i have the sheet, so from what you sent me I am really not following what you want to do. what info do you want to copy to where?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get everything you need?

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i have the sheet, but I am still not follow what you want to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, 4 different workbooks sit in a folder(internal link).

All in one folder.

1 name - example test1

2 name - example test2

3 name - example test3

4 name- example test4

If it helps you. You can put example data in. This data will contain various rows depending on the day- usually about 2000 rows down and 10 columns.

So the macro will look into the folder and copy and paste example test 1(spreadsheet) into tab2 (of the spreadsheet I send you) then it will do the same for example test2 into tab 3 on so on.

Hope that makes a bit more sense. Let me know if it doesn't and I try to simplify.

1 name - example test1

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
ok, think I am getting it, so

the workbook you sent is the destination for it to be copied too, and the entire sheet gets copied, not specific rows or columns.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

perfect!!

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
ok, I think now that I finally, understand lets talk cost, i see you are looking for 2 different things here.

So for this first one, I would need to charge an additional $49.

Then the 2nd one will be a whole new question, and we will discuss after this first part is done.
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay- That's fine. Please go ahead.

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
ok, should hopefully be done within a few hours
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
i seam to have lost your file.

you can copy this code into your destination sheet, make sure it is in the same folder as the other files. arrayfnames is the array where you put the name of the sheets in, see the example in the code, just rename the sheets to your file names.

Sub csheets()

Dim arrayfnames()
Dim awbk As Workbook
Dim nwbk As Workbook
Dim fpath As String
Dim i As Long

Set awbk = ThisWorkbook
fpath = awbk.Path

arrayfnames = Array("file1.xlsx", "file2.xlsx", "file3.xlsx", "file4.xlsx")

For i = LBound(arrayfnames) To UBound(arrayfnames)
Set nwbk = Workbooks.Open(fpath & "\" & arrayfnames(i))

nwbk.Activate
Sheets(1).Copy After:=awbk.Sheets(i + 1)
nwbk.Close
Next i

End Sub
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
hi, no need to rate again.

Let me know if you were able to copy this into, your sheet.

do you understand how it works?