Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Have registered my 25 character Product Key and have been unable

Customer Question

Have registered my 25 character Product Key and have been unable to load Office 365 Personal. The following message came up 'The procedure entry point SetWaitableTimerEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL 32.dll. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which version of windows you are running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't currently have any version of windows on my computer as there was a problem and all the information has been wiped off.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
There will need to be a version of some kind William or your computer would not even start.
To get the error you got means you have windows of some version installed.
The error you get points to a version that is not supported for Office 365.
It may be you have Vista or XP which means you cannot install it and need to upgrade, or you have windows 7 but not the service pack needed.
Click on Start, then right click on computer and select properties.
It will then tell you the version there.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks it looks like Windows 7 version.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me exactly what it says please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7 Explorer

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, thats not it William, as that is your internet explorer.
You need to click Start, then Right click computer and select properties.
You will see it there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Vista

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks William, I suspected this as the cause.
The problem is Office 365 will only work on Windows 7 or higher. You are a version behind with Vista which is why you get this error.
You have two options available which I will explain. You either need to purchase and install a windows 8 upgrade disk which you can get here
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Pro-Upgrade-Version/dp/B008H3SW4I
Then with windows 8 installed, you can install Office.
Or you can use an Office alternative which is similar, called Open Office. This is free and will run on your computer. This you can install from my link below.
https://www.openoffice.org/download/
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.