hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Other
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of Microsoft Office problems
40928634

I opened the computer and now wish to stop the 'Warning' appearing

I opened the computer and now wish to stop the 'Warning' appearing every time I start it. Please tell me how to do this.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the full Warning message that you see?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The 'Full warning message' is that which appears after the computer is opened. It fill most of the screen so I cannot state exactly what it says.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Once the warning message disappears, can you use your computer as normal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Answer was not given
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Josh,

When I push the F1 button, the message disappears and I can use the computer as normal.

I did copy one of the messages that I get (I get different messages when I restart the computer) which is as follows -

BIOS version

Release date

This BIOS - ACER only

Copyright - ACER

CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU

The MCH is operating with DDR3 1066

Warning: Your chassis has been opened.

Press F1 to continue.

The other message includes - Push Del for setup.

This did happen a few years ago but the warning message disappeared after a few days.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Procedure for Clearing Warning Message:

Note: If LANScope is installed by the customer, LANScope will still record a chassis intrusion even when the feature is disabled.

First, ensure that the top case or side panel (depending on model) is properly installed on the chassis. Once you have confirmed that the chassis is properly closed, follow the steps below:

1. Shut down your computer completely, then turn it back on and tap the Delete key repeatedly to enter the CMOS Setup Utility.
  2. Using the arrow keys, highlight tab labeled PC Health Status and then press the Enter key.
  3. Using the arrow keys, select feature labeled Chassis Intrusion Detect, and use the + and - keys to change the status toRESET.
  4. Press the Esc key to access the main menu and then use the arrow keys to choose Save & Exit then press the Enter key.

Note: Do not use the F10 key. If you use F10 key to save and exit, it does not properly reset this feature.

If you wish to set the Chassis Intrusion Detect feature so it never generates a warning message when powered on, follow the instructions below:

3. Using the arrow keys, select feature labeled Chassis Intrusion Detect, and use the + and - keys to change the status toDISABLED.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no Chassis Intrusion Detect on my computer but there is an option to 'Reset Configuration Data' which, at the moment is set to 'No'. Should I set this to 'Yes' or would it affect other parts of the computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
The answer was wrong. My computer did not have the software described so I need to know if I can get the answer in a different way.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Yes I have an answer for you:

Resetting Chassis Opened Warning:

1. Restart the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.
  2. Press the RIGHT ARROW key until BIOS Security Features or Integrated Peripherals is selected, and choose one of the following options.
  • If you have selected the BIOS Security Features tab:
  1. Use the DOWN ARROW key to navigate to Chassis Opened Warning and press the ENTER key.
  2. Use the RIGHT or the LEFT ARROW key to select Disabled and press ENTER.
  3. Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.
  • If you have selected the Integrated Peripherals tab:
  1. Use the DOWN ARROW key to navigate to Onboard I/O Setup and press the ENTER key.
  2. Use the UP or DOWN ARROW key to navigate to Chassis Opened Warning and press ENTER.
  3. Select clear and press ENTER to confirm.
  4. Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.

This is from the Acer website:

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7003/~/chassis-opened-warning

hongkongpom, Other
Experience: I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of Microsoft Office problems