Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My Hotmail account appears to have been hacked, full of unsolicited

My Hotmail account appears to have been hacked, full of unsolicited inbox messages. Now no longer able to sign in and have asked for a password ***** code but not happening either. Help please.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What is the message you now receive when you attempt to sign into your account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Password ***** though it was using it that I accessed my account and realised something wrong. Need to change it but how can I be sure it will remain secure if my account being accessed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Password ***** though it was using it that I accessed my account and realised something wrong. Need to change it but how can I be sure it will remain secure if my account being accessed. Finding all of this quite stressful!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, to be sure it remains secure you need to make the password ***** and never give it out in any emails when requested.
Can you to reset your password ***** click on my link below
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
Follow the process on that page and reset your password
Make sure it is complex, so if it is ilovepizza make it instead [email protected]
This will make it a lot harder to hack and will protect your account better.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much. Sorry, lost all internet connection before I could give you deserved feedback. I'm really grateful for your help. However, how do I now get rid of all those unsolicited messages, there are hundreds of them.!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to delete them
You can do it quickly if they are all from the same place, by clicking the check box next to one then click Sweep at the top and then use the default option to delete all.
Else you need to manually delete them Dee.
Good to see though the account is now up and running!
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do u mind me asking one last thing and promise it is the last! Is there a way of saving passwords on my system that is very secure, ie cant be accessed by someone attempting to hack into my Microsoft account.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem, you can ask as many questions as you wish.
There are programs but these also need to be secured by a password.
The best solution Dee is to NOT save the password ***** the computer, but write it down on Physical paper and store it at home. This is the most secure manner as no one online can see this.