Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I have received a phone call from India from a man who is telling

I have received a phone call from India from a man who is telling me that my computer is being hacked into. I do not have the competence to deal with this unaided. Is there someone with whome I can talk to help me claen up my system and to ensure that I have appropriate security.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today. The fellow on the phone is a scam artist.
These people will call people and tell them that they have been hacked into, but it is just a front. They will offer their 'services' to remote in and 'fix' the problem. There is no way for them to know that your computer was hacked.
In short, you can just ignore the fellow who called.
If you do have problems with the computer or would prefer me to remote in and verify that all is well, please let me know.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jason

Please "remote in"

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://198.0.229.45/?Session=391f5053-4074-4605-b7f8-fe1a398dce27

All is now working.

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help below.

- Jason