KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I don't seem to be able to send a new email to my sister

Hi I don't seem to be able to send a new email to my sister I can only reply to her emails. I have a hotmail address but it seems to be overridden by my gmail . If I copy the message which fails and send it in a reply to my sister that also fails .... this is really frustrating could you please help I have a mac computer and my email addresses are *****@******.*** and *****@******.*** Any help gratefully received
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Which e-mail client are you using and what is the message returned when you compose / send her a new email?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $34 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean by email client please

E-mail client is an application that is used to send/receive e-mails.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I know is I use outlook , hotmail and Chrome just on my pc

And what is the delivery report for the messages that do not get sent ? If you can copy/paste it to me here, that will allow me to see why it is happening. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This message could not be sent because your account does not have a preferred outgoing mail server. Select an outgoing mail server from the list below.

Sending from: Administrator <*****@******.***

Okay, that tells us why. There is an issue with the setting which we will need to check and fix. Is this on Outlook? If yes, which version of Outlook is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I find out please .... sorry to be stupid

It would be easier if we do this remotely for which i have sent you the request. The name of the program you click is the application you use, while it is launching it shows the version.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All i click is Outlook .com no info in preferences I really can't spare another £24

Let me try another method:
1. Click the link below:
http://outlook.com
2. Sign in to your e-mail address.
3. Then create a new email and see if that works.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have added outlook.com address to add alias

You do not need to add alias, that won't work. You need to sign in to your email provider's site and then send from there - What is your original e-mail address? type it without the @ symbol
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

elainembentley

And the part after the @ symbol ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

elainembentleyhotmail.co.uk

Okay. There is no need to add an alias.
Just send e-mail directly from this address:
Go to www.hotmail.co.uk and try to send an e-mail. That should work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Does that mean I need to notify my contacts of a new email address or will I still be able to receive emails

It looks to me that what you are doing are all additional settings which isn't needed. It is a straight forward process, you sign into your e-mail and send e-mails/receive e-mails. Since you have not changed your address, you do not need to notify your contacts. You notify only if you register a new e-mail address. Hope that helps.
And, if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon, that will be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help Should I delete the alias . It appears that the email has been delivered this time . Can I get in touch if I experience the same problem again today? Thank you for your amazing patience ... you probably need a lie down now!!

Yes, you can delete the alias, it is not needed. And yes, you can get in touch with me :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I have no more questions and yes I gave you a top rating