Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Our version of Outlook is no longer compatible with windows

our version of Outlook is no longer compatible with windows 8.1 (presumably since a recent update) so our e-mails no longer come through. is there a new version of outlook or an equivalent update please
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello John! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the version of your Outlook?

Is there any error or message?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think our version is Outlook 2003. There is no error message, the e-mails just fail to come through, the system just hangs. If the only way is to chat through this problem, it would be better to speak to my wife, who knows much more about this than me. She is out at present but will be available after 4pm this afternoon.

To make it easier for you, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

o.k. that's fine

Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely with:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=115c15f1-5642-4f89-97af-f5901562aaca

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.