Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am trying to download MS Visio 2013 bought on line from Software

Customer Question

I am trying to download MS Visio 2013 bought on line from Software for Students. I get a message "to activate your changes, exit and restart any open office programmes" Sorry for sounding thick, but what does this mean.
I have ms p.point, excel, word picture manager and clip organizer which are all 2010.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No problem, it means to close all office programs, so close Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook, then when you open then again the changes are applied.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

I do not have any MS programmes open but it still does not work. Any thoughts?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What exactly is not working Colin?
The download? Installation? Running Visio?
I can also do these steps for you and fix this directly on the computer, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

id is 400 300 523

pw is 2287

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.