Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have just received a Surface Pro 3 and the power plug does

I have just received a Surface Pro 3 and the power plug does not connect with the Power supply box two pin socket. Would you help me. I am Dennis XXXXXX

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The power plug, did it come with the Surface in the box?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I just opened the box

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it will fit then Dennis, you just need to jam it very hard in so it seats.
How hard are you able to push on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I couldn't push any harder. It looks and feels as though the pins are smaller than the socket

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, very rare but looks like then you have been provided the wrong power adapter sorry Dennis.
You will have to return the Surface to the place of purchase and receive the proper power adapter for the unit. If you cannot connect it, then it will need to have the power adapter replaced sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.