michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

My excel has stopped working. There are a lot of what looks

my excel has stopped working. There are a lot of what looks like Chinese characters, then I get a message "excel has stopped working", followed by another message "there was a problem sending the command to this programme" Can you help me please, I am not very technical. Thanks for your help, John Blencowe
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
what is the operating system you have on the computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michelle, Windows 7

when did the problem started with excel.
did you install any software or made any changes recently to the computer before the problem started.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem started this morning

Last night my computer automatically loaded about 26 updates

click the windows menu button select search
type in system restore and hit enter.
Now the system restore dialog box will open.
click the round circle like radio button which says choose a different restore point and then hit the next button
on the next screen or box you will see a check box at the bottom says show more restore point.
Click on it to put a check mark on it you will get many old dates
click on one of the old date and hit next and now hit finish.
The computer will restart on its own while it restart please do not interrupt it will take around 10 mins to get you back to working windows without any problem.
let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now I cannot enter my desktop it is going through a start up.repair and has been doing so for hours. It will not let me close down. It says it is repairing disk errors

let the disk error take its own time this happens when there is a corruption on windows internal files.
If its still going on you may shut down the computer by pressing the power button for 5 seconds and then turn it back on.
I am online let me know.