IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Microsoft outlook not responding

microsoft outlook not responding
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me which Windows version you use and when the problem started to happen.

Thanks,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

using windows 8.1. the problem started two days ago when i sent two photos, individually, from pictures via outlook to a friend. One of them got to its destination but think other blocking outlook but i cant get into outlook to remove it

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.

Starting Outlook in Safe Mode should help solve the problem. You can then attempt to remove the blocking e-mail(s).

To start Outlook in Safe Mode, access the search box or just go to the Windows 8.1 home screen and start typing:

outlook.exe /safe

and then press Enter.

It should look something like this. Note that there is space between e and /

graphic

Once started in Safe Mode, remove the e-mails from Outbox or change other settings if needed. Once done, exit Outlook and start it as you usually start it so that it can start in "Normal mode", and check if it works properly.

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

went into safe mode and all emails came in ok and photos in outbox went but I removed them from sent items. closed safe mode and started outlook as normal but still not responding, still keep getting same message on screen

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Since the error message is not precise, it is hard to tell what is causing the problem.

Maybe one of the installed Outlook extensions (add-ins) is responsible. None of the add-ins are started in Safe Mode. Please do the following to disable them from auto-starting in "normal mode":

1. Start Outlook in Safe Mode again

2. Click FILE and then OPTIONS

3. On the left side, click on ADD-INS

4. There you can see a list of all extensions (add-ins). To manage them, click on the Go... button located next to COM Add-ins

5. A new window will appear with the check-boxes near each add-on. Please un-check all of them and click OK

6. Exit Outlook to leave Safe Mode and start Outlook normally

Any changes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you that seems to have solved the problem.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I am very glad it worked!

In case you used one or more of those Outlook add-ins, you can re-enable them and see if Outlook will continue to work with no errors. It seems that one of the add-ins is not fully compatible with Outlook so Outlook couldn't start.

Please take a moment to rate my service using the rating box below.

If you ever need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro

Thanks!
IT Miro