Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I use excel 2013 and the research panel suddenly decided to

I use excel 2013 and the research panel suddenly decided to appear on the right hand side of the screen.
I could not find how to cancel this so initially did a repair then an online repair which I didn't realise was an online re install.
when I restarted it asked for the product key which I entered it then asked for my Microsoft account number which I don't have. There was an option to have emailed to me a single user code which I applied for but 18 hours later still haven't received this.
HELP
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You can get the code again by signing into your account and you will see it listed.
You can access the account via my link below
www.office.com/myaccount
Sign in and you can then obtain the code there.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but the point was I don't know my account reference or password ***** when you go through the procedure it asks a lot of questions to verify I am who I say I am and I have failed this test 4 times it just seems a vicious circle.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you will have to then call Raymond and have this done on the phone.
To do this call (0)344(###) ###-####
Once you have verified yourself over the phone, you can then have the code and your credentials supplied to you.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm out of the office at the moment so will have to phone them tomorrow.

You didn't comment on the problem I had with the research panel or how to stop this I have looked at google and it seems quite a complicated issue

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I focused on your latest problem
you stop it opening via code, and the steps to do this are
From Excel, press Alt-F11 to open the VB Editor.
Press Ctrl-G to open the Immediate Window.
Type this line and press Enter:
Application.CommandBars("Research").Enabled = False
It will then stop opening Raymond.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll try that tomorrow if it works you have saved my sanity

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It will as this is how it stops it.
I have though marked this question to never close, so any issues at all, just let me know here. There is no time limit on this.