Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Having problems with Outlook. Error code is: 17894. No mail

Customer Question

Having problems with Outlook. Error code is: 17894. No mail in or out for last few days. Receiving okay on iPad and phone.
Using a Mac with Btinternet.com mail connection
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which version of outlook you are using please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

15.9 (150408)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The problem is on the computer, not the line or your account, and is your profile in outlook.
We need to start by rebuilding your identity
To do this, close outlook
Open Finder and go to the Application folder and then open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder. Open the Office folder, and then double-click Microsoft Database Utility.app.
In the Database Utility window, select the main identity database, and then click Rebuild.
Let this complete and when it has, try to open Outlook and send and receive
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please