Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I cannot log into my Microsoft account in order to verify

I cannot log into my Microsoft account in order to verify the account. Therefore I cannot use Office 365 or my email account
To explain the history of this, I have a computer with office 365. When I created my Microsoft account, my internet service provider was Orange and I had an Orange email address. About a year ago I changed my email address to be a Microsoft live.com address and I closed my Orange email address.
I recently bought a laptop and another Office 365 licence. I have tried to log into my Microsoft account on it and it has asked me for a verification code. It showed me part of my old Orange email address and asked me to complete it so that it could email to me the verification code. I completed the email address but my new code never arrived – presumably since it sends it to my old Orange email address that I can no longer access.
I then saw an option to change my old email address so I changed this to another current email address that I have. Unfortunately, when I now try to log in, it says that the email address will not be changed for 30 days. Therefore I am still stuck.
Can you please help me get a verification code so that I can verify my account and then be able to login in to my Microsoft account again. Thank you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello Steve! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. So when you log in your Microsoft account now, it says to wait for 30 day. Does it also give any other option?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The only other option is to click "cancel the request" (to change email addresses). If I do this, then I am back to the initial option of completing my old email address and then clicking the button that says "Send Code". In other words, I am back to where I started from because it then sends the code to my obsolete email address which I cannot access.

These are the only 2 options available.

What's the model of your computer? Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help you directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the message is of course the same on either computer when I try to log into the Microsoft account so you can log into my ACER Aspire V3-571. It is running Windows 8.2. My other new laptop is also an Acer. Alternatively I can send you a screen shot if I can attach a JPEG,

Please use the paperclip icon at this web page in order to attach the screenshot. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have just sent to you the 2 screens that I spoke of giving me just the 2 options

Thank you. It gives you 3 options:

1. let us know
2. cancel this request
3. Next

Which option(s) did you try?

I don't think you have tried the 3rd option Next. Please try Next, then let me know.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Brilliant, it's working. I cannot understand how because I'm sure that I must have tried the 'next' button lots of times. Anyhow, many thanks

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience