michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have purchased a Microsoft lumina 535. I am unfamiliar with

I have purchased a Microsoft lumina 535. I am unfamiliar with touch screens so I made mistakes in the setting up process. some such as the wrong time and date I can deal with. But the one that I do not know how to get round is that I was offered a choice of web connections but stupidly I clicked on my home hub which is purely a wire connection without direct access to wireless.
Can you help me I tried removing the sim card and battery but that did not work!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
you want to setup internet on your lumia using your sim card as a 3g/4g internet service or you have a wireless router at home and you want to get the wireless connection activated on your phone.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would prefer using my SIM card as a 3g/4g internet sevice.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would prefer a 3g/4g internet service as that would ensure that the phone is not tied to my home

You must have an active internet plan subscription with your phone service provider to get internet service on your phone I will give you the settings after you confirm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have signed up to a subscription service with Bt mobile to who have supplied the SIM card. this is intended to replace my existing service from O2 but O2 do not know of this.

For this I use an old Nokia but I am unable to open it to extract the old SIM caRD.

Let me know the phone make and model number of the phone you are using which has the data so that I can give you the setting's.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The new model is a Microsoft Lumia 535 but I cannot get to the setting page.The old one was a Nokia about 10 years old but I am not sure of the model. I have had a thought - If a told O2 my old phone was faulty but I could not get the old SIM card out would they send me a new SIM card that I could use to active my replacement PHONE?

Yes they will. Call them and you can tell them the sim is broken as its unable to come out from the sim.