Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have my e-mail in Microsoft Outlook 2003 - a few days

Hi - I have my e-mail in Microsoft Outlook 2003 - a few days ago it stopped sending mail and then stopped receiving it - all the settings seem to be correct and I haven't changed anything - any ideas on how I can get it working again before I have a few thousand backed p emails to answer!:)
yours margaret smart
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the error you get when it fails to send and receive emails?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - task pop3.mullaya.me.uk - receiving reported error(0x80040900) server name cannot be found on network please verify you are online and server name is correct

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
For privacy reasons, we block email addresses.
Can you tell me just the part of your email address AFTER the @ symbol please?
eg: @yahoo.com, @gmail.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

@mullaya.me.uk

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The problem is the domain http://mullaya.me.uk/ is not valid anymore
You can see this when visiting this link
http://mullaya.me.uk/
And with it being invalid it means it does not work for anything, including emails.
Commonly this is as it expired and the renewal fee was not paid on time.
Who set this up for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

186K firenet

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
For some reason they have closed the domain, usually due to a payment issue.
Call them on 02892 707070
Sort out any payment issues or correct why they shut it down and have them open it again and restore the account
It will then work on your computer, Its not your computer thats at fault but them for closing it.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I asked them first when the trouble started - they said it was fine - I will phone them again - the name is ***** ***** for a year so that is not the problem - thanks for the info - I will put on my battle dress - suppose there's no way of getting the domain name back if I get no satisfaction from them?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I promise you its not fine
Just have them go to http://mullaya.me.uk/ in their web browser
Then they see its not
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi - got through to them - and they checked with engineers and they are apparently going to fix the problem and I should have it back in half an hour (will prob. not hold my breathe or crack open the champagne yet!:)

I'm glad I got through to you - you have been very helpful - do you want me to tell you if the email comes back?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes please Margaret so I know your all up and running though glad they realised the problem and are not giving you problems.
In the meantime, if you can rate my service that would be very much appreciated and let me know if you need anything else please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes thanks all working - they fixed it - am I being cynic in thinking they wanted me to have a full web package and not just e-mail - am too old and cynical:) thanks for your helpyours margaret
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Margaret and your most welcome.