jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Richard. The user profile service service failed the log

Customer Question

Hi Richard. The user profile service service failed the log on user route, cannot be loaded. can you help , please
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
please let me know the operating system installed on your computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows7

how many user accounts are there and are you able to login to any one of them or all give the same message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there are 2 . mine is ok my husband cannot log into his because it says " the user profile service, srevice failed the log on yser rout cannot be loaded

ok..which one is the admin account...
also since when are you facing this issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the one that doesn't work is ***@******.***

the problem started yesterday

the system restore should reverse any changes to the system that might have caused the issue to occour.
click start...in the search box type system restore
in the window that appears, restore computer to earlier date and time and click next
select a date may be a week or 2 back when system was running fine and click next
follow the onscreen steps
let me know the status once done whether you are able to logon or get the same message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will do . thanks

thanks..let me know once done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

as my husbands page is out of order I am doing this through my site. but it hasn't worked

is your user account the administrator or is your husband's
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

husbands

please restart the computer and tap the f8 key
select safe mode option
try to login to your husband's account
let me know what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing at all i am afraid

ok so when you turn on your computer and on user accounts screen when you click on your husbands account you get the message.."user profile service service failed the log on user route,"
is that correct
if yes, also let me know if you are able to access his files from your user account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that is correct. Not to my knowledge, as I do not know how to.

in that case, the problem seems to be a corruption in windows file system
please follow the below steps
restart computer and tap the f8 key
from advanced menu select repair my computer option
select startup repair
once repair completes check and let me know the status
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where do I find the advanced menu

did combofix completed the scan. no need to do anything else till i give you further steps. Please do not close or shutdown the computer while combofix has not completed the scan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will wait your next instruction

Please restart the computer and tap on the F8 key as the screen poups up you will see repair my computer then you select the option and let it run.

Please ignore the comfofix mentioned on my last post as it was not for you but for another customer of mine.

Please ignore the combofix mentioned on my last post as it was not for you but for another customer of mine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what is the combofix?

combofix is a tool which i told one of my customer to run however got confused with your question and posted on your reply box accidently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no problem!!!

did you follow the restart steps and F8 to get into the repair windows process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont know how to get the repair window. when I press f8 nothing happens

Please confirm you have windows 8 or windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have windows 7

Please follow the steps very carefully if you miss the timing you will not be able to bring up the screen we are looking for.
Turn off the computer power by holding down the power button for 10 seconds
wait for 3 mins power it back on and immediately keep tapping the F8 key few times as soon as you power on the computer the windows advance menu window will open. try it for few times if you cant make it one the first go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will do

Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have tried this but to no avail.

If this function is not working then you would need a windows operating system disk to run windows 7 repair other wise there is no way we can get this fixed without the disk logically.
let me know if you have the disk.
Maam are you there
580 824 800 (8:20 PM):
sure... want me to plug in the USB?
533 630 511 (8:20 PM):
I have checked the settings for windows and its internal files the installer program of windows seems to be corrupted
there is no point in installing the driver right now
you will not be able to install any devices to this computer as the internal installer programs seems to be corrupted
Solution to this is windows reinstalll or factory reinstall
To do that you will have to backuup all your data on an externatl drive so that you dont loose your data
580 824 800 (8:23 PM):
Look. This problem ONLY occurs with this darn Canon thing.
533 630 511 (8:23 PM):
if you connect anoter printer do that work
580 824 800 (8:24 PM):
Well yes and then it SCANS beautifully..
533 630 511 (8:24 PM):
the online driver software whiich i am downloading is not being accepted by the comptuer as i am also facing a challenge due to language issue
cannot think out of the box and proceeed with more troubeshooting step due the foreign language on windows 7
580 824 800 (8:26 PM):
Actually the HP did not work at all with my W7 but now works with a Toshiba W8 notebook.
So I can^t really say ---- how about not interrupting????
580 824 800 (8:29 PM):
You may go ahead and switch to English if it helps.
533 630 511 (8:29 PM):
Installer programs are internal windows program which installs any drivers or software to the comptuer to communicate with the hardware however if the installer gets corrupted then it wil not install anything
what i am trying to say is tilll the time windows 7 is reinstalled the printer will not work as the installer program cannot be repaired or installled as its an insternal windows service which runs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you have sent me the wrong reply !!!!!!!

i am sorry please ignore it as its posted accidentally this is a printer issue and not user profile.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i understand

Please arrange a disk for windows os and then we can run the repair that is one option however if you can backup all your data to an external driver then we can run a factory restore if the computer is branded and recovery partition is active.