Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Im locked out of my computer, due to my user profile service

im locked out of my computer, due to my user profile service being broken or something and my whole life is on the computer, how do i get on it, please.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

When you go to Safe mode, what happens?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a window 7 home premium, thank you.

You're welcome. Can you please tell me what happens when you go to Safe mode? Or what steps did you try?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i cant get onto safe mode, it wont go on it. i dont know what to try now. thank you. ive tried restarting, and shutting it down for a few minutes, nothing has worked. thank you.

You're welcome. Did you try the following steps in order to get to Safe mode:
- Turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier).

Do you see a menu with Safe mode or not? Please reply back. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, it says repair your computer, safe mode, safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt, as it should, i dont know what i need to do now though, do i repair computer or do i go on safe mode.. will going safe mode enable me to fix the user profile corruption or fix your computer? thanks.

Great. Please use the up/down arrow keys to select Safe mode, then press the Enter key.
, then it should let you log in
, then click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore finishes, then check.

Please let me know; I will troubleshoot further if there is still issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. its done now, well worth 39 pound for helping, thank you very much.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience