Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I was going through my email's on 05th June 2015, when I received

I was going through my email's on 05th June 2015, when I received a email, which I opened up, the email had a utube film, which I clicked to view the film, instead it loaded Microsoft page, asking me to enter my email address and also my password, which I did, then shortly after that, I received eight emails from Microsoft account team, telling e it looks like someone else might be using your account, I then clicked reset your password, which said, why are you having trouble signing in?, which gave me the following options:
I've forgotten my password
I know my password, but can't sign in
I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
I Clicked on I think someone else is using my Microsoft account, then it gave me an optional: Why do you think someone else has access to your account?, which I chose, someone else is sending emails from my account, I then clicked next.
On the next page, it said get back into your account, we can help you reset your password ***** security info, which said first enter your Microsoft account and the characters shown, I then entered my email address***@******.***, and I also entered the characters that I Shaw on the page, I then clicked next.
On the next page, It said we need to verify your identity, followed by How would you like to get your security code?
Email ni******@yahoo.co.uk
Text **********11
To verifiy that this your phone number, enter the last 4 digits including 11, then click "send code" to receive your code
last 4 digits of phone number
Use my authenticator app
I don't have any of these
send code, once I entered the code, which I received by text message, I entered the code, and on the next page it said:
Reset your password
New password
8--character minimum; case-sensitive
Password ***** have at least 8 characters and contain at least two of the following: upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers and symbols, I entered my new password, and then Re-entered my new password, and then clicked next button.
On the next page it said your account has been recovered, you can use your new security info to sign into your account.
Here is a summary of what you've just completed:
Your password ***** changed, it then said we highly recommend you turn on two-step verification. Two-step verification is an advance security feature that makes it harder for a hacker to sign in to your account with just a stolen password. Learn more about two-step verification and whether it's for you.
As someone else may have had access to your account, learn how to make your account more secure, it then gave me two options:
Next
Enable two-step verification, I clicked on Next.
On the next page it said sign In, which I entered my email address and my new password, that I had just created, I then clicked sign in.
On the next page it said, it said it looks like someone else might be using your account, then it went on to say, to help you- and only you get back into***@******.***, we need to verify that it's your.
I clicked on next, however the next page would not load up, and so I sign out..
I have attempted dozens of times to reset my password, getting the code by text message from Microsoft and also entering codes through my authenticator app,from my iPhone, and still I cannot access my email address.
I would be very grateful if you could kindly help me get back my Hotmail email address:***@******.***.
I have an alternative email address where I can be contacted, which is:
***@******.***
I hoped to hear from you soon.
Kind Regards
Nishaa
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, the email you used with the youtube film hacked your account when you gave the hackers your email on the fake sign in page, so this is how the problem started.
For your issue, first, which internet browser are you using for this? eg: Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am using internet Explorer.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me the last 4 digits of your phone number please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4311
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
tell me the code you just received please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry we took too long or the code was incorrect
So we try again
give me the new code please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I have reset the password ***** you
Sign in using password
RichieJA16
Make sure you use Capitals where I specify.
Let me know the results please