IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Does Microsoft have a Technical support office with a telephone

Does Microsoft have a Technical support office with a telephone number(###) ###-####
I received a call from "Charlie Delfort" asking me to give him access to my PC, concerning Microsoft "licencing problems" If I did not give him access, he would shut down my system.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

That phone number is ***** owned by Microsoft or any of the trusted companies. The call you received is a scam! One or more scam companies have been randomly calling people and telling their computer has errors that they need to fix.

They request remote desktop connection so that they can "fix" the problems directly on your computer. What they actually do is try to steal your personal documents and/or charge you great amount of money for their so-called assistance.

It is good you came here for an advice - please do not agree to anything they say since Microsoft or any other company won't call you when you have issues since you are the one who needs to call them and request assistance.

I am sure your computer doesn't have licensing problems. If it had, you would have seen it as a pop-up message or upon starting the computer. No one can remotely shut down your system unless they had installed some remote desktop connection program on your computer.

If they call again, tell them you will report them to the police. That should keep them away!

If you really require computer assistance, I can help you with that since we are a trusted company that has helped thousands of customers already.

Regards,
IT Miro