Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Can I speak to someone in Microsoft Support now Please?

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify Ann, did someone call you saying you had problems on your computer and they would connect and correct the problems for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Richard.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this was a scam Ann, they trick you into thinking you have a problem, and then try to gain access to your computer to either get more money from you, install a virus or a program so they can gain access to the computer later.
The key here is, did you give them access to your computer by installing a program they asked you to, and then giving them a set of numbers?