Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I HAD AN EMAIL FROM THE MICROSOFT TEAM TO SAY THAT SOMEONE

I HAD AN EMAIL FROM THE MICROSOFT TEAM TO SAY THAT SOMEONE HAD BEEN TRYING TO GET INTO OUR ACCOUNT. I WAS TOLD TO FILL IN AN ONLINE FORM WHICH I HAVE DONE NOW TWICE AND BOTH TIMES I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT I HAVE NOT GIVEN ENOUGH INFORMATION. I AM DESPERATE NOW AS THIS MY HUSBANDS BUSINESS EMAIL AS WELL. PLEASE HELP!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
this sounds very suspicious and looks like you were tricked into giving the details to your account as microsoft will never email you for this.
What exactly happens now when you try to access the account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I CAN'T GET IN WITH MY PASSWORD.

I DO NOT WANT TO SUBSCRIBE TO ANYTHING ELSE, I JUST WOULD PLEASE LIKE TO GET INTO MY EMAIL. THANK YOU

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That is not problem.
Whats the message you get when you fail to get in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It looks like someone else might be using your account

To help you – and only you – get back into***@******.***, we need to verify that it's yours.

The above text is what I get from failing to get in.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you click on my link below and have the password ***** code sent to your alternative email address (if you set this when you first created the account)
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
What then happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You are asking me the same step by step instructions as before I paid for this service. It keeps coming up with an old email address (which no longer exists) for the email to be sent to for recovery which has not been in use for the last five years...

I have now made two email address' to recover account but the problem is that one of email accounts has been blocked for apparently two many password ***** but the other works which is *****@******.***.

This causes another problem because the information which is required by me for the form is apparently not enough even though I gave a good amount of info.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I only saw you enter
Already Tried:
FILLED OUT 2 FORM TO BE TOLD NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION ON THEM.
As Already Tried.
You cannot make a new email address now to use for recovery, you have to use the existing one.
For which email service was the old one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is***@******.***

This email address does no longer exist because local post office closed down the service 5 years ago

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then I wont mislead you but it can be very difficult if not impossible to get the account back if you cannot verify with the form which you said they already rejected. I have spent many hours researching the options and have helped hundreds of hotmail users that are in your same position. The problem is you always have to keep your alternative email address up to date to avoid this situation
The methods I am going to share with you are not made public by hotmail but they do in fact work. You will need to be patient though as it could take a couple days. Considering you are about to lose your accounts though, a few days is worth the wait. It is incredibly important that you very carefully follow my instructions so you complete the procedure correctly.
An option is to reach out to a hotmail representative on their forums, they have access to look deeper into the account and sometimes can help in these situations.
First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail. Please go to the following link to create that.
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx
Once you create the new address do the following.
Please click http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-support
Tell them you have not been successful with the recovery form.
Be sure that under "Enter the email address (Microsoft Account) affected by this issue:"
You provide them the email address that is blocked and not the new one.
In most cases they will respond in 24-72 hours, depending on how many requests they have waiting before yours.
A moderator will take a closer look at your account and work with you to try and help you get back in.
As well as sending the message directly to the moderator it can sometimes be quicker to reach out to them in their public forums and they may message you or ask you to message them privately with more information.
Go to the following link and click ask a question on the upper right hand side of the page. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can. Here is the link to the forums:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail
Microsoft/Hotmail takes account security very serious which is why they make this so difficult and make you confirm all of that information. It is to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
I hope that this information helps you get into your account. I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating hotmail or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.
If you require any additional information at all, or have difficulties with my instructions, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just re-submitted another form but also I will try this method as well so thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.