IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have been contacted by someone claiming to be from Microsoft

I have been contacted by someone claiming to be from Microsoft claiming that hackers are using my computer. Is that likely? Has anyone from Microsoft contacted me?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Those calls are, indeed, a scam! One or more companies have been randomly calling people and telling their computer has errors that they need to fix.

They request remote desktop connection so that they can "fix" the problems directly on your computer. What they actually do is try to steal your personal documents and/or charge you great amount of money for their so-called assistance.

It is good you came here for an advice - please do not agree to anything they say since Microsoft or any other company won't call you when you have issues since you are the one who needs to call them and request assistance.

So, if they call again, tell them you will report them to the police. That should keep them away!

If you really require computer assistance, I can help you with that since we are a trusted company that has helped thousands of customers already.

Regards,
IT Miro