Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Windows 7 will not install updates, it downloads then tries

Customer Question

Windows 7 will not install updates, it downloads then tries to configure windows, gets to 35% then stops. opens as usual then says windows needs to shut down to install updates this continues for ever.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to use your Windows 7 computer despite the annoying update prompt? Or are you no longer able to use it because of the update cycle that won't finish?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can use the computer as normal but cannot install my anti virus and on line protection, same thing happens.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your issues with your Windows 7 computer. I believe there are other issues in the system, not just the updates, that caused the installation of the AV software to fail.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the installation issues that you are experiencing? When connected remotely, I can perform a cleanup operation to optimize your system and eliminate stacked errors that cause software to fail. I will then fix the updates issues as this could be caused by hardware or software incompatibility to checking the error log could be necessary.
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that is no problem.

Dave

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.
Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.
1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ef35bcf3-35f3-4e38-929a-828921daa8a0
2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.
Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
I have done the cleanup procedures remotely and I applied the fix for Windows Updates issues.
Please try to test if the Windows Updates works this time. If not, please let me know so that I can assist you further remotely.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

O.K sorry about the delay getting back - someone called around.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but still the same

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

David,

Here is the new link for our remote session: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e9ee1274-2e9a-4668-bd04-88d4776033fd

Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi jess I am back the restore has finished

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess I'm back can you contact me.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,

After the system restore, is Windows Updates working?

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess

Sorry about yesterday, I had friends for Dinner and had to leave my P.C I tried to contact you but could not reach you in time.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
Thank you for writing back. Are you available now to resume with the remote session?
Jess