Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I can send email but cannot receive anything. I am using Windows

Customer Question

I can send email but cannot receive anything. I am using Windows Live Mail 2011.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email service windows live mail is connecting to.
And what error you get when emails are not received
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The logon server is mailplusin.manx.net. When I log on, a page comes up asking me to type in my email address and password ***** my email address and password ***** already on the page. I tried deleting and typing in again, and again, and again, and nothing works. When I close the page, another page comes up saying "unable to send or receive email" etc. although as I noted in my initial message, I can send but not receive email.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
IF you go to my link below are you able to sign in there?
http://manx.net/
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot connect to manx.net. I get a message that says page cannot be displayed.

I do not quite understand your message. What steps are you referring to? Something I would understand if I could access the manx.net page? How long will this take if I say OK?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the page works fine for me, so looks to be an issue with your network settings.
I can't say how long it would take, just that I would take over the computer and do all the steps myself as opposed to having you do instructions from my messages.
This is optional else we continue here.
In this case, Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt
Then restart the computer and check if it now can access Manx.net
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I get to Run as administrator, it asks "do you want the following program to make changes to your computer?" Do I say yes? Then what do I do when a black screen appears?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, say yes and then do the instructions I gave you which is
type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt
Let me know the results please