Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I am trying to install Office 2007 file "office2007-kb946691-fullfile-x86-glb.exe&quo

I am trying to install Office 2007 file "office2007-kb946691-fullfile-x86-glb.exe". I get an error message that shows that my system believes this is an update file. Is there a fix for this?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask which version of Windows you are running?
Have you ever been able to install Office 2007 on the computer?
I will be standing by.
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Running Windows 7 64 bit. First time I have tried with MS Office

The "office2007-kb946691-fullfile-x86-glb.exe" file you mentioned is not the installation file. It is indeed, an update file. To be more precise, it is the service pack 1 update.
Do you have the Office 2007 installation disc with you? You must install it from the disc or a download before you can install the SP1 update.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No installation disc. I received the programme as part of the Dreamspark initiative.

The program you received was an update file.
In the system, does it give you the option to download the full application?
Another option is for you to use a free version of Office named "Open Office".
You can download a free version of Office called Open Office from the following link: http://download.openoffice.org/
- Download, save, and run that file
You can use that program to create and edit Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No option for the full app is obvious. There is another file "BCM2007SP1-KB941652-fullfile-enu.exe", but this one refuses to extract.

That is the update file for Business Contact Manager.
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://74.208.221.55/?Session=3e0b4bc1-a991-4a59-bc44-9991cef5f550
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason