Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have bought a new computer - ACER. A few days ago I set up

I have bought a new computer - ACER. A few days ago I set up internet access and registered for a microsoft account. I went to do some further work on it today and cannot get any access to anything. the screen with all the apps on seems to have disappeared completely and i have a message which tells me to go to account.live.com to sort out the problem with my username and password ***** i am unable to access anything on the computer. Help!!!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you using a windows or mac computer currently?

What happens when you go to that website on the working computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using a windows computer currently .

i have no problem going on-line or accessing anything on this computer.

Sorry, I mean, accessing that website on the working computer, not on the new problematic computer.

When you registered for a Microsoft account previously, did it ask for a password? If yes, do you remember that password?

Can I connect remotely to your working computer, so I can fix your Microsoft account / password ***** on your computer together with you, then you can enter it on the new computer after?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it did ask for a password ***** Ido remember it.

i have just remembered that the ms account was for outlook not my usual internet system which is virginmedia. When I switch on the computer the screen that comes up shows my virginmedia address but none of the passwords I have corresponds to the address and i am unable to change or alter the virginmedia.address.

Yes you can connect to this working computer

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=97debce5-0149-466d-a270-0af40da4be29

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Thank you. Please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/ntfn2oa

I'm sorry; it looks like your computer is not able to connect with me, or you are not there. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. And/or you can try the following fix:

- On the working computer, please click on the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

, then there, select the option I forgot my password, then click on Next
, then in the Microsoft account box, type in your virginmedia email address (the email address that is shown on the new computer's screen)
, then if shown, enter the characters that appear on the page
, then click on Next
, then follow the instructions for resetting with a new Microsoft account password
, then enter the password ***** the new problematic computer.

Please let me know if there is still issue. Thank you.

If that still does not work, please try the following:

1. At the password ***** login screen on the new computer, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard on the new computer.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset your PC, and continue.
    (When prompted, select the option "Just remove files.")

Please reply back if there is still issue, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I was cut off last night so decided not to pursue the issue then but wait until I was more wide awake. I have successfully sorted out the problem with the help of the info you sent through.

You're welcome. Great. if you need anything else, please let me know anytime. Thank you very much for your patience.