Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Iam running Windows 8.1

Customer Question

Iam running Windows 8.1 & my copy fo wmplayer.exe has become unusable (virus problem I think which has been cured). Can you forward a new copy to me please? with setup instructions. Thanks, ***** *****

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Windows Media player 12 comes with windows 8.1 and is not downloaded separately, what happens when you try to use it?
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please make sure to reply on this page and not to the emails, the emails do not go to anyone I am still waiting for what exactly it does.
In the mean time please try these steps and if the same thing happens afterwards let me know exactly what is happening.

First move the mouse to the bottom right corner and a pane should open.
In that pane click on settings, then click on control panel.

In the control panel click on programs.
Now click on turn windows features on or off.

Uncheck media features and click on yes.
Click on ok and wait for it to finish.

Next put a check back in there and click on yes again.
Once again click on ok and wait for it to finish.
Test windows media player.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.