Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Internet explorer will not connect to sky my provider

Customer Question

internet explorer will not connect to sky my provider
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens when you try to connect to Sky and open a web page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have been with sky for many years using internet explorer without any problem, yesterday 29/6/15 all i got was" this page can not be displayed", i have chrome but do not feel comfortable with it, i prefer explorer, i have put my email address into your accounts page that tells me that someone else has the same address? sky tell me on the telephone that is not possible! i do not know if it is relevant but i do get a lot of spam emails, apart from that that is all i can tell you, i suffer from parkinsons so i am a little slow, my telephone number in England is 01283 520061. David

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you David
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Then restart the computer and check if Internet Explorer now works.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please