michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I am trying to get help with my new pc i have managed

Customer Question

Hi i am trying to get help with my new pc i have managed to transfer all my old software and install some new but AutoRoute 2010 keeps giving me an error message 0xC004D301 a licencing initiation error
When i tried www.microsoft.com/uk/autoroute/support i keep being directed to you Can you help me or redirect me to where i can get some assistance it is one of the best pieces of software even if a little outdated and i would be very sorry to lose it as it has been discontinued
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your AutoRoute 2010 softwarew, i will try my best to resolve the problem if the software is compatible with your new computer.
Let me know what operating system you have on the old computer and what you have on the new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The new one is Windows 8

the old one I think was Vista or XP the one before windows 7 the comp is defunct now so cant open up and say the mame for sure but am sure its the one before 7 sorry not to be more helpful

I did manage to load it all and have it working on the new comp but had problems loading office and was told to reset factory settings and of course lost it

did you uninstall autoroute from the old pc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I have a DVD and Product Key

please open the below link by typing it in the address bar of your browser
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290301
in the page that opens, click on the run now button against the fixit utility
once the tool has completed, after that try installing auto run from the disc and let me know what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry I tried that the files all download and just before i finish it sends me the same error message

please try the below
Press Windows Key+R ..type appwiz.cpl and press enter, Uninstall ALL the following if present,
Microsoft Office Access Database Engine.
Microsoft Autoroute 2011.
ALL Instanced off C++ Redistributable (all the x86 ones and All the x64 ones).
Reinstall Autoroute .
let me know if it installs this time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry done as you suggested but asked me to reinstall Office Access database Engine as part of the installation , then proceeded though the instillation loaded all the files green line disappeared goes to reinstallation successful ; press finish when i do i get the same error message

please open control panel..system and security...system
let me know if its a 32 or 64 bit version
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

64 bit version

ok thats the problem area..the error you are getting is because the windows 64bit system files are in conflict with autoroute installation files
in such a case, the software will not work
however we can try installing a virtual machine to check if then you are able to install it
i cannot guarantee that it will work but is worth a try
to do the same, i would need to remote access your computer and do this
let me know if that would be fine with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes fine

Open the link
http://tinyurl.com/nfvepqr
Join Your Remote Desktop Session
How Remote Desktop Works
Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.
The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.
Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.
After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Customer Hi Customer your internet got disconnected Customer open www.teamviewer.com and install it. Customer let me know the id and the password ***** reconnect. Customer as i cant see your screen anymore. Customer Hi Customer did you get my message Customer let me give you all the steps then you can try Customer remember to go into the bios you will have to turn off the computer power it back on and keep hitting F2 key couple of time you will see a blue black screen when mouse dont work and you use the keyboard to select the menus
Guest: yes but didnt work had start come up each time but its sony vaio fitE 1.5GHz processor 4gb Ram 500HDD windows 8 Customer i will show you a video how to go into the bios screen
Guest: ok Customer you have a sony vaio S series
Guest: ido
Guest: ITS A SVF142CP29M Customer plaese read all the steps and then perform the steps Customer we are trying to enable a feature in the bios which is called virtualization technlogy Vtx Customer this has to be enabled in the bios under the security tab and then save the changes made in the bios by pressing F10 when you already made the change and then let it reboot and load windows Customer to go to the bios you will have to shut down the computer power it back on and as soon as you power on tap on F11 key this time to go into the bios Customer did you read my whole steps Customer are you there sir
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't get to the bio page windows always comes up I think I am just going to abandon auto route I'm getting very stressed and that isn't good for my health thanks for your help

i understand we are not moving further let me ask you this do you see any "assist" button or key on your computer keyboard.
Follow the same step but instead of F2 or F11 key hit the Assist key instead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok last try

sure please do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have got into bios then moved to the security tab but I cannot see how to enable vtx

do you see vtx or virtualization technlogy in there?
hightlight it and on the bottom or right hand you will see use the + - key to change value when you change it to enable tap on the F10 to save changes and exit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My pc has crashed I got a reset my computer message so I'm doing that thanks for your help I'll just leave well alone now

ok..thanks for the update