Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Tried to send an email in outlook - it froze and left the

Customer Question

Tried to send an email in outlook - it froze and left the message in my outbox....and then nothing worked as it was persistently trying to send the message. I tried to delete the message out of the outbox...I tried a lot. Nothing happened. Then the message suddenly disappeared from the outbox (yey) but outlook is still trying to either send it or synchronise my trash - either way I now cannot send or receive anything...it's been 3 days :(

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you! It says Windows 8.1 on the system settings

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me what email account do you have in your Outlook? Is it Yahoo Mail? Hotmail? Gmail? or others?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, bear with me as I am devoid of all technical capability - our email outbound is through bt: Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - mail.btinternet.com

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Oh ok. So your email account in your Outlook is ending with @btinternet.com and that is from Yahoo. Can I remotely access your Windows 8.1 computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no problem with remote access - go ahead...but our email addresses all end @fortis-services.com...bt just provide the service??? As I said, I'm totally technically inept - it's a wonder we have email at all.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9cb261a9-a8fd-4d23-a3e7-125d7a70081c2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess