Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Until Recently I had access to my e-mails on a number of my

Customer Question

Until Recently I had access to my e-mails on a number of my computers and my I-Pad
but now have access only to two and cannot send e-mails from one of them. I can send by Live Mail.
I-Pad works for all other purposes.
I now get this message
An unknown error has occurred. Account Tiscali co.uk. Server smtp.tiscali.co.uk. Protocol:SMTP. Server response:'421#4.4.5. Too many connections to this host! Port 587.Secure SSL: No Server Error: 421 Error Number:Ox800CCC67
Can you help?
David Douglas
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What device are you having the problem on David?
Is it the windows computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows Computer an I-Pad

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Both devices give the exact same error David?
And which email program are you using on the windows computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Outlook Express on computer. I-Pad just gives no access at all.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, just to clear up, you say "but now have access only to two "
you mean two other email accounts and none of the devices can actually access the Tiscali co.uk account?
Or two devices there can, only the iPad and windows cannot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The computer I am using to send this receives e-mails but cannot send. My wife has a computer which can both send and receive, A third computer is not receiving e-mails through the TalkTalk Mail system and does not receive all messages through live mail but can send by live mail.

The I-Pad siply states "NO Mail"

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the iPad, go to Settings, Mail.
Press on the account then press Delete Account which you will see at the bottom.
Once done, on the iPad, hold the power and home button down until you see the Apple Logo, then release the buttons and let the iPad restart.
Once it has, then go to Settings, Mail and add the account back to the iPad.
tell me if it is then added please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I Pad has received your 4 messages

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect, now on the computer to fix this.
Open Outlook Express
select Tools and then Accounts.
Select the Mail tab, and then highlight the unused account. Click the Remove button.
Then click the Add button and add the account again into Outlook Express and it should now also function.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still having trouble. Will get back to you later.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you tell me what trouble your having David? As we got the iPad working so just need to get the computer working and if you tell me the problem I can see why.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PassWoRd ***** ***** rejected by the server.My wife sent a test message which has not come to me.Yor messages are not coming up now on the computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thats not really clear as you say both the password ***** ***** yet it is getting emails from me.
If your getting emails from me, your receiving emails, so its working,.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
QIpad is fine now but computer is not receiving messages as asking for passwiord but not recognising it.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did you remove the account as per my instructions David as it appears you did not as you would not have been able to add it again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did remove and then add as requested.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
And it added? or it complained about the password ***** you were adding it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No complaint about password ***** no ability to change it was given.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so if its not complaining about the password ***** then it will be working else it would not allow you to add the account. It cannot be added with an incorrect password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I think it is OK now but I may have to contact TalkTalk about one item. Thanks again. David
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome David and good it is now up and running on the devices.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.