Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Good day. I have a persistent and very annoying problem with

Customer Question

Good day.
I have a persistent and very annoying problem with Outlook, a programme I have used successfully for years.
I have today set up Outlook and it is now receiving e-mail but when I try so send mail it sits in Outbox and refuses to go.
I am able to send mail via the BT site but I find the site awkward and nothing like as user friendly as Outlook.
I would appreciete assisstance to enable Outlook back to normal
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This will be the settings that you have put into outlook.
Can you tell me please which outgoing server settings you are using?
If you don;t know, tell me which version of outlook you are using and I can tell you how to check this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Outlook 2007. mail.internet.com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Outlook 2007. mail.btinternet.com

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem Gordon.
You need to use these settings as your settings are incorrect
Server as mail.btinternet.com
Port: 465
SSL ON
Save this and it should then send.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try to enter new settings and report back. I apologise but I dont know where to type your information in

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thats ok, though you can just do my last instructions and I can connect to your computer and do this for you?