Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am currently in South of Spain and my Windows 8.1 computer

Customer Question

I am currently in South of Spain and my Windows 8.1 computer has refreshed itself overnight and I have lost all my programs including Microsoft office. I have all my codes in OneNote so I have a chicken and egg situation/ any help please.
I am in my own holiday house here with internet access!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which version of Office was it that you had installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had offise 2013 also I should have mentioned that I am already signed up for Microsoft support for 12 months.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Peter
Then you can download and install Office again from my link below
www.microsoftstore.com/
Sign into it with the same account you used when purchasing Office. There you will also see your Product code to use for installing.
Once done, then download and install Office to resume using it again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not quite sure what you mean as I purchased MS Office in SanDiego where I live most of the time? Do you mean the card I used.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Nearly all purchases of office 2013 are done online from the microsoft store (the link I gave).
Are you saying you purchased it and received it on a disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I punched it at a store and received a card with the original code on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can give you the code once I can get into one note to get code
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I do not need the code, I need to know please how exactly you obtained the software. So was it on a Disk Peter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased office from Frys in San Diego and it was a card with code on it I then downloaded office and used the code but I stored the code for future use in onenote
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so you downloaded it, thats what I have been asking to know
So you can then download the trial version of one note here
https://www.onenote.com/
Then use this to view your Code, download one office again like you did before and then install it, using your code to register it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloading one note now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is very slow connection so it is taking forever
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem Peter, though keep in mind the Office download will take a lot longer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Richard it will take forever to download office I agree as onenote is still only at 50% downloaded?
Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately nothing we can do to avoid this sorry Peter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard now downloaded but it is telling
Me "this edition can only open notebooks on one drive "
Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thats a recent requirement.
But then if you have windows 8, you already have onedrive, so click on the folder icon and you will see onedrive on the left above This PC.
Copy the notebook to it there and you can open it when onenote has been installed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Richard now managed to open one note with my data on it!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! so now you can get the code, download office again and your good to go.
One Tip though, put the code in a Text file, not one note so if this happens again you can always retrieve it.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, going to your site just re directs me to the Spanish site wanting me to purchase office? Any suggestions. Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean going to my site Peter?
Your at my site now. Which site are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Www.microsoftstore.com
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ah ok, go right to the very bottom and in the bottom left you see a link next to a the Globe.
Click that link and you can then choose United States English
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that worked thank you but I cannot download without paying I am on www.microsoft.com/store/msusa/en-US/hamlet/pupate.officecompare
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to download from the same location you initially downloaded from when purchasing Office Peter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Richard that worked. Thanks again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Peter