Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

Just bought a refurb Dell Optplek dektop with 7 Pro 64bit installed

Customer Question

Just bought a refurb Dell Optplek dektop with 7 Pro 64bit installed tranferd files from old computer XP. All going well until I tried to activate the win 7. I managed to misread an 8 and entered a "B". Fter trying to register on line and failing "not genuine ms" I conntacted my supplier who said to register by phone which I tried but entered the code as previously,reading the same note I'd written down earlier. Upshot is now the system wont let me register at ball. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! You can enter the product key.. Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.Scroll down to the bottom of the window that appears, and then, under Windows activation, click Change product key. If you're prompted for permission to continue the process, click Continue.Follow the instructions to change your product key and activate your copy of Windows 7.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

bin there got the tea shirt as stated IT WONT LET ME

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
How does it "not let you"? Do you get an error? Please be as specific as possible since I cannot see your screen
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Alan,

I saw that you opened a new question instead of replying here.

You can use the phone system as well..

Click on Start then Run then type CMD and press enter

In the black screen, type: SLUI 4 (there is a space between SLUI and 4) then press enter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do I use the phne

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Click on Start then Run then type CMD and press enterIn the black screen, type: SLUI 4 (there is a space between SLUI and 4) then press enter You will get a screen that tells you the number to call, etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll try that

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Let me know how it goes If it works, please use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit.