Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I had a Microsoft word programme on my computer before the

I had a Microsoft word programme on my computer before the hard drive got fried.I am now back in business but cannot find the programme- I had documents in files saved on it-any suggestions please??
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Did you actually install Microsoft Office? As word is part of this.
And which version of windows do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not install it- it came with the laptop- I am running windows7 premium

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok it is never actually sold with the Laptop Mary, so someone has installed it for you for free, or it was a trial as you would always get a disk to reinstall it from.
You will need to either ask the person to either provide you the disk which your legally entitled to, else you would need to actually purchase it.
If they are not willing to provide this to you then you go to my link below and purchase it from there.
https://products.office.com/en-us/buy/office
If it is just word you need, then the personal version will suffice.
There is a free alternative which is called Open Office. It is not as functional as word, but will let you read and open word documents.
This you can get from my link below
https://www.openoffice.org/download/
But as Microsoft Office is not a free program, you will need to either obtain the installation disk from the person that was meant to have sold you this.
Purchase it or use the free alternative
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.