Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I received a phone call today from someone representing Microsoft

I received a phone call today from someone representing Microsoft - ***** ***** MS7011 - claiming that someone has been hacking into my computer. Is this call genuine?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No it is not, it is a scam that is quite common now days. They will call you to say that they either see an error on your computer, or its been hacked or something similar.
This is all a trick to get your details. When you get a call such as this, hang up and do not do anything they ask, especially do not provide them with your credit card. If you did, contact your bank and have this cancelled asap.
If your computer was compromised, your anti virus program will have picked this up. If you wish, I can connect to your computer and check this for you as an additional service.
But for these phone calls, Microsoft or any large company will never call you so always ignore these.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.