Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have just installed Outlook 2013 via a purchased Download

I have just installed Outlook 2013 via a purchased Download for 1 Computer.
My Contacts List was built up using the People / New Contact tabs and saving the individual entries.
The My Contacts ribbon shows 3 optional selections - a. Contacts ( This Computer Only ),
b. Suggested Contacts and c. Contacts. All entered contacts are displayed when I click the "Contacts ( This Computer Only )" tab.
When I select Home and the New Contact Group tabs, the Contact group entry form is displayed. Having named the Group and selected the Add Members / From Outlook Contacts tabs, I expected it to open a full listing of the Contacts I had created allowing me to add individuals simply by double clicking them.
Instead, it opens a "Select Members" imput box with Search:Name Only & Address Book headers. The data field is blank.
How can I get the software to open the Full Contacts Listing when I select Add Members / From Outlook Contacts.
Please Help
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. When you are in Outlook and you click on Contacts in the lower panel, then click on Address Book, do yuo see your contacts listred?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried this and the contacts are not listed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a further response for me ?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. So you are viewing all your contacts when the Contacts folder is selected. When you compose an email, all those contacts are available with no problem? And the problem is ony when you add then to your contact group, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is correct !

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that confirmation. Please do the following:Click on FIle menu in your OutlookClick on Account Settings => Account SettingsClick the Address Book tabIs Outlook Address Book listed there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it is not -

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for writing back, I believe that is the faulty part. This is basically an issue with your Address Book.Please do these steps:Close Outlook 2013Open it again, then click on File => Account Settings => Account SettingsClick on Address Book tabClick NEWSelect Additional Address Books, and then click Next.Select Outlook Address Book, and then click Next.If you receive a message that states that the address book that you added will not start until you click Exit on the File menu. Click OK.Click Finish.Click Close, and then restart Outlook.After restarting Outlook, click on People to show your contactsRight click on the Contacts folder that contains the contacts you manually added then click PropertiesClick Outlook Address Book tabOn the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail address book check box, type a descriptive name, and then click OK.Close OutlookOpen it again then click People and click Address Book. See if the contacts are now showing in Address Book.Keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That has worked -- thank you !

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am glad that the issues were resolved through the detailed procedures I gave you! I am glad to be of help.Like I mentioned, the issues was with the association of your Contacts to your Address Book.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years