IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am having problems getting onto my hotmail account,***@******.*** I

Hi, I am having problems getting onto my hotmail account,***@******.***
I have tried answering the security questions but it keeps asking for my x box account and I haven't got one
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** you forget the password ***** your Hotmail account, or you know it, but still cannot access the account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know it but they say there is a security issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The security questions are a bit odd. I can't remember the last emails I sent or received and they are asking for this x box account details which I've never had
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Except going through those questions, are you offered to verify your Hotmail account by receiving a verification code via text message? I see that a phone number ending in 53 is saved under your Hotmail account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I've tried entering the phone number which is *********** but it wouldn't work
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hold on, let me try to request a verification code to be sent there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I tried, but there is a message that there is a problem with the service. It looks like you have tried to request a code too many times and now that service has been temporary locked out.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Did you enter your full phone number in the box or only the last 4 digits?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried both. Being a bit stupid I thought they wanted the last digits of my mobile then the 53 because it seemed unlikely I had given my home number
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
You needed to enter only the last 4 digits of your phone number - 2453 So, I suggest to wait until tomorrow and then try again. The service should be re-enabled by then. If worked, you will receive a verification code to your phone number which you need to enter on the Hotmail page. That way you can verify your account without answering any questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks I'll do that