michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have a Microsoft lumia 435. When researching available apps

I have a Microsoft lumia 435. When researching available apps I am being asked for my microsoft password. I have forgotten my password. How do I obtain my password ***** reset without losing data in my phone.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
orgotten the password ***** my Lumia phone
Reset your phone.
Important: Resetting your phone erases all personal content, including apps, and restores the factory settings.
1. Make sure your phone has enough battery power, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.
2. Switch off your phone, and disconnect the charger.
3. Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
4. Press the keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down.
5. Wait for your phone to reset, during the reset there will be gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes, after which the screen goes blank for ~30 seconds and then your phone will restart.
6. Go through the initial phone setup, if the date and time are shown, ensure the values are correct.
7. Disconnect the charger.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for help. Disappointed that I will lose my personal data in this process. Will I lose all downloaded music, my contacts, my diary, facebook etc. all of which took more than my limited expertize to assemble.