Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Good morning, I have a @Tiscali.co.uk account but when I set

Good morning, I have a @Tiscali.co.uk account but when I set up my new 8.1 laptop and new Microsoft account, I typed in my email address incorrectly so that I cannot finalise the Microsoft account, (Microsoft are sending the confirmation email to this incorrect address).
I would like to change the incorrect email address to my correct email address.
This incorrect email address is also the login for the laptop.
Thanks in advance
Dennis Holmes
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to use your NEW laptop now despite this email issue?

Or are you now unable to login to the laptop?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I login using the incorrect email address so no problems with the pc, just cannot complete the Microsoft account because when they try and verify with a return email of course is dose not exist, I have logged into the account and tried to change the main alias email to my correct email,(the one I am using now) but I get an error message that I cannot use certain characters although its a normal email address

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dennis,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issue.

Can I remotely access your new computer now so that I can directly assist you in fixing your Microsoft account while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would prefer just emails thanks

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dennis,

Thank you for writing and I respect your decision about remote access. Now, I believe the laptop is NEW so there could be few personal files there.

You have 3 options here.

First, since the laptop is still usable or working fine, you can simply CREATE a new Windows user account with the CORRECT email address. When successful, you login to this NEW user account and then delete the OLD account with a wrong email address.

The second option is to create a LOCAL account so that you do not need to create a Microsoft account.

The third option is, you can SIGN UP for a Microsoft account separately, I recommend a Hotmail account, then create a new Windows user account using the newly created Hotmail account. Just to explain here, what they refer to as a Microsoft account is any email account that you can have that is ending with @live.com, @hotmail.com, or @msn.com.

Which option do you want so that I can give you detailed procedures?

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK THANKS I WILL TRY THE FIRST OPTION

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dennis,

Thank you for writing back. I am also using Windows 8.1 here so I can provide you detailed steps to do the first option.

Here are the steps:
  1. Turn on the new computer and sign in to your current Windows account email, the wrong email address that remained unverified that you mentioned.
  2. Go to Control Panel
  3. Open User Accounts
  4. Click Manage Another Account link
  5. Then click Add a New User in PC Settings
  6. Then click on Add an Account
  7. Then if you want to use a Microsoft account, as opposed to a local account, but you have NO Microsoft account yet, click on "Sign up for a new email address"
  8. Follow the on screen procedures to finally create the new user account of type Administrator. It needs to be an Administrator, not a Standard user, so that you can delete the first and original account you have with the wrong email address.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the additional info.

I won't be taking your offer of a monthly subscription, I will just contact you when required.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for writing back and I am glad I was able to help. Regarding the monthly subscription, it is our system that automatically show subscription offer, I did not personally do it. And as I can see it, you have NOT subscribed to our service so you will not be billed monthly and this is just a one time transaction.

But of course if you need further assistance with this issue, feel freel to let me know by posting a reply here any time, I will still assist you without additional charge even after your rating.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,
Jess