Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot ne opened. The file c:\users\Alan\Documents\Outlook Files\Outlook.pst cannot be opened.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. It looks like your Outlook PST file has gotten too large (or corrupt), and needs to be repaired. May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the issue here? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry.

Too suspicious

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No issues; let me now provide you with the steps to carry out yourself, on this page itself. First off, please navigate to the following location on your system:Documents > Outlook Files Right-click on the "Outlook.PST" file listed, and select Properties. What's the file size, please? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Outlook:

This PC Documents Outlook 27/07/2015 22:06 265kb

no mention of .PST file!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had tried to load backup files and now Outlook won't start. Can't open the window.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would it work if you had remote access?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is annoying that I keep getting a pop up to subscribe monthly to just ask. I only want this as a "one off" fix.

I want Outlook file calendar repaired

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I see. A remote session would really help in this case, as it will allow me to connect directly and see what PST files are currently in use by Outlook. Our remote session will be 100% encrypted, and you will be able to see exactly what I'm doing during the session. Please rest assured; JustAnswer is a fully legitimate service, and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau:http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403 Do let me know if you would like to continue with a remote session, please. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. May God have mercy on my ....computer

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1bff0479-f1d4-4fe0-85ee-680bb9adcc2eClick 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Your issue has now been resolved via the remote session. I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!