IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

After downloading windows 10 my laptop went to desktop and

After downloading windows 10 my laptop went to desktop and crashed.
restarted my laptop and loged in when desktop appeared it promptly crashed.
In the toolbar at the bottom there is a grey box with search web and windows.
Cannot do anything.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. That grey box is part of the new taskbar, what happens when you try to use it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Press and hold CTRL and ALT then while holding then press Delete. Can you open the task manager?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok good in the task manager click on the more details button.
Then on the top click on the details tab.

Find explorer.exe and right click on it.
Click on end process in the right click menu and confirm it.

Then click on file and new task.
Type in explorer.exe and then press enter.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No change screen still flashing.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok if it is still flashing it is most likely a graphics driver issue, what model laptop is it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Acer aspire v3-571

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Two different display adapters were used on these models, does it have a Nvidia, Interl or both sticker on it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Intel

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Thank you, ***** ***** and install this: Click Here
You will need to restart, to get back to me go to justanswer.co.uk and click on my questions at the top of the page.

Once it is installed restart the computer and let me know what happens.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cannot download

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
What happens when you try to?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tried again this time sucessful.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok let me know what happens after you install and restart.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I install this on my laptop

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Double click it and it should open, then inside there should be a setup/install file double click that to install.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot access anything on my laptop and I do not want it on this computer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Want what? It is a display driver which is needed for laptops to have the display adapter display windows properly.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand that it is a display driver adaptor but the problem is not on this computer .how can I install it on my laptop? This comuter is not my laptop.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
For some reason I thought you were on the laptop.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

When you power on your Windows 10 laptop computer, do you see the logon screen where you need to select your user account and type the password, or it automatically takes you to desktop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I switch on the logo screen is on and pressing any key takes me to the log in screen, logging then the desktop screen appears and starts flashing, then laptop is no longer useable for anything except ctrl/alt/delete with options to select, selecting task screen then shows no application running and screen still flashing.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

Please restart the computer and access the logon screen. If it asks you to select your user account or to type the password, don't do that, but check if you can see the power icon located in the bottom right corner of the logon screen.

If you see it, click on the power icon and then press and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, and while still holding, click on Restart. Continue to hold the Shift key until you see a blue screen that says "Choose an option".

Let me know if you were able to access the "Choose an option" screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

Sorry for the delay - I was away from the computer.

Please access the "Choose an option" screen and there click on "Troubleshoot", then on "Advanced Options", and then on "Startup Repair".

The computer will restart and access the Startup Repair screen. There click on your user account and type the password ***** order to continue.

After that, wait for a few moments and you will see the results of the Startup Repair. If it repaired some errors, you can restart the computer and check if Windows 10 is working properly.

Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the key,

while I was waiting I went through the options and found the repair screen.

selected the delete all aps and files and reset PC

all now up and running fine.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

I am glad the PC is now able to start normally!

You can access those repair options whenever you are experiencing a problem with Windows.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Before you leave, please rate my assistance using the rating box.

Regards,
IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional