jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have during the last four days bought a new laptop and switched

Customer Question

I have during the last four days bought a new laptop and switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8 - this was done for me at a cost of £150 by experienced technicians. In Contacts section of email there are the names of all contacts but no email addresses. Fortunately there appeared on my Desktop an Excel document which I have never seen before with a list of the names and email addresses of all my contacts which I have printed. I then telephoned the technicians to ask why and they said the transfer of email addresses was not automatic and I would have to type them in. Where am I supposed to type them as the Contacts page has no space for them? I am very old and quite desperate about this and even if I try to send an email typing in the email address of the recipient no email goes. I have some other questions about Windows 8 but being unable to send emails (although I can receive them) is the most pressing. Thankyou.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.? Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry but until 1500 hrs today I cannot be here but yes please I would like a remote support session and will sit in front of my laptop from that time - you have my email address: XXXX

That's okay. When you are available, please open the email message from JustAnswer in your email (if needed, check your email Spam / Junk folder), then click on the View Response link in it in order to continue with me at this web page. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Expert

I had a fall today and was unable to be at my desktop I hope to be up tomorrow and if we say anytime after 1200 hrs please let me know when you will be in touch for the remote support session and I will wait by my laptop.

Thankyou

I'm sorry about the issue. Can we schedule in the evening? Just reply back whenever you are available, then don't wait, but check your email once in awhile for my reply. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my original question has not yet been answered - I changed from Windows 7 to Windows 8 last week but although there is the original list of my contacts, it consists only of their names and no email addresses - I've written at greater length about this earlier. Next question - I send out very few emails at present because of having to type in the email address every time but all of them have the U for underline permanently on and I cannot get it off. Next question I only have the icon for Windows Live Mail on my taskbar - how can I get it onto the desktop? Finally, and this will seem trivial to you, there were no games on windows 8 and, as I spend so much time indoors I have become addicted to the Windows 7 version of Free Cell and it was on the taskbar of my old laptop, it didn't appear on this one, even though all the other taskbar settings did.

Thankyou

Thank you for getting back to me. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d1376cf2-c774-44b9-a584-b70cc576d9f3

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you